Friday, August 15, 2008

Abuse from Family Court employee leaves man 'gutted'

My experience with the Family Court has been the most traumatic event in my life. A Family Court psychologist John Watson and a lawyer Adrienne Edwards hounded my poor mother to death. The Court is a despicable place staffed by callous criminals.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/thepress/4653380a6530.html

Abuse from Family Court employee leaves man `gutted'
Phil Hamilton - The Press | Wednesday, 13 August

When a Christchurch man approached the Family Court for advice during his marriage break-up, he did not expect an earful of abuse.

Dale Truman said that after he had explained his problem, a Family Court employee laughed at him and told him: "I'm leaving in two weeks; I don't give a f... about your problems." Truman, of Heathcote, who is on an invalid's benefit, was appalled by the conversation on August 4.
"I'm going through the worst time of my life," he said.

"I ring up a court official to ask for advice and was ridiculed. How can I now have any faith in the Family Court?"

The official refused to identify himself and Truman made a complaint.

He was sent a letter of apology after the official was identified, but Truman believes that is not good enough.

"They said it was totally out of character, but I don't believe it is," he said. "I'm gutted by the whole experience."

A Ministry of Justice spokeswoman confirmed an apology was made to Truman.
"A conversation took place between a Christchurch Family Court staff member and a Family Court customer which became heated," she said.

"The customer subsequently received a letter from the Christchurch Family Court apologising on behalf of the staff member for speaking to the customer in an unacceptable manner."
Truman was told the man would be disciplined.

"The staff member confirms the conversation got out of control and he should not have spoken in the manner he did and he apologises," the spokeswoman said.
"We will deal with it as an internal matter."

No comments: